Careers Entitlement- MGSG
“Students are entitled to CEIAG which meets professional standards of practice and which is person-centred, personalised and impartial. It is integrated into students’ experience of the whole curriculum and based on a partnership with students and their parents or carers. The programme is structured to deliver explicit learning outcomes, raise aspirations, challenge stereotyping and promote equality and diversity.”
MGSG Careers Policy Feb 2019
Examples of how students can access this entitlement:
- Request an interview with our Level 7 qualified Careers Adviser Miss Johnson. E-Mail: email@example.com
- All students will be allocated a Careers interview slot with Miss Johnson in Years 11, 12 and 13, but can request another one if they wish.
- Visit the Careers area on the VLE
- Access the Careers library in Room 55 for further information on Post 16 options, Apprenticeships, University, Gap Year options and General Careers information.
- Participate in the Careers sessions within your PSHE lessons
- Use www.unifrog.org to research your Career aspirations and University/apprenticeship options.
- Year 10 students should attend the University visit in the summer term.
- Year 11 students should attend the 6th form open evening
- Attend Career talks with different employers.
- Attend the Parents meetings in Year 9, 10 and 12 where Careers support is discussed in relation to the curriculum
- Year 12 students should attend the UCAS Higher Education Convention in March and the Higher Education evening in April.
- 6th form students should attend all of the general lecture sessions; these sessions cover a range of Careers related Topics.